Discounting Cash Flows Developer’s Guide
This is the official guide for anyone interested in creating or editing valuation models inside the website’s (discountingcashflows.com) Model Code Editor.
Please note that the website is under active development. If you find any outdated content or have any questions, please let us know here
Discounting Cash Flows (discountingcashflows.com) is dedicated to fundamental stock analysis and valuation. We try to automate the process of retrieving data from financial sources(sec.gov, Yahoo Finance, etc.) and importing the data into a financial valuation model, allowing investors to focus more on studying fundamental aspects of companies.
Check out the Code Editor YouTube Video Tutorial Series
- The valuation models are interactive
The user can change the model’s assumptions with his own future estimations for the company. Changing values makes the model recalculate itself automatically.
- The valuation models are shareable
Once the user is done changing the model’s assumptions, they can just copy the URL and give it to anyone.
- The valuation models are editable
- The user can set watches and price alerts
We will let the user know by email when his model reaches a value threshold.
Please note that our website does not try to bypass the Due Diligence required before commiting to purchase a company and does not offer financial advice. We recommed users to get informed about the company and its business model and try to come up with their own projections for each company.
Model Code Editor
We will go through every function available to the editor. You can also find the source code and description for all our valuation models and how they are calculated here
- Using the Code Editor
- Valuation Framework
- $.when().done() - Function
- Response() - Class
- DateValueData() - Class
- Example Usage
- Defining Original Data
- Writing and Processing Formulas
- DateValueData.setFormula() - Class Function
- Copying Other Keys
- ‘function:discount’ and ‘function:compound’ - Formula Functions
- ‘function:growth_rate’ - Formula Function
- ‘function:linear_regression’ - Formula Function
- DateValueData.compute() - Class Function
- DateValueData.setEditable() - Class Function
- DateValueData.removeDate() - Class Function
- DateValueList() - Class
- Displaying Messages
- Setting an Estimated Value
- Setting assumptions
- Displaying a Chart -
- Displaying a Table -
- Dates functions
- Utility functions
- API Functions & Endpoints